Thursday, September 3, 2015

Cutting, Stitching, And Healing...

Let the cutting, stitching, and healing begin! Tomorrow, the first of four surgeries begin. Two on my right wrist and elbow area at 9 a.m., at the Hughston Clinic. The goal is to repair nerve damage in both of my hands.

Thanks to my friends and family who have prayed for me and visited me. Thanks to my Band of Brothers that took me to Drs. appointments when I couldn't drive. Thanks to my bride of thirty-eight years (next week) who has given me the kindest of care.

If all goes well, the surgeon will repeat the process on the left arm as soon as my right arm sufficiently heals. It will take about eight months for the repairs to heal and restore feeling in four of my fingers. The constant burning in my hands (whenever I am horizontal) will not be missed. Uninterrupted sleep, it's been a while. None of the surgeries will keep me out of the workplace.

My hip replacement is responding without a hitch. I have been walking three miles a day and doing many different strengthening exercises. This morning, I walked and jogged in intervals. To say that I have missed the companies I serve through Corporate Chaplains is an understatement. Soon, I will be reconnecting with my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment