Monday, August 3, 2015

Three Requests

A couple of weeks before my bike accident on July 13, Sandy and I scheduled our vacation time and bought airline tickets to see our family in Maine and Boston. Not to whine, but seeing family, and in particular The Amazing Wyatt (AKA Wolf Cub), only twice a year is difficult for us. We were supposed to fly to New England this Wednesday.

Rescheduling isn't easy, because Sandy teaches year round, and I work with multiple companies. So, I am asking my praying friends to pray for 3 things today:

1. I meet with the surgeon today to have my brand new titanium hip evaluated. According to my PT I am weeks ahead of the curve in my strength and mobility. Hallelujah! I am going to ask my surgeon if it is safe for me to fly. I am asking you to pray that I can.

2. There has been no improvement in my hands. I still have very little feeling in 4 of my fingers except when I lie down and they feel like they are on fire. My appointment today will address this issue.

3. I am going to ask the surgeon to release me to return to work on August 17.

In closing, I want to say thank you to so many that have reached out to us. Thanks to the guys that have taken me to appointments and spent time at The Shire talking and praying about things that matter. I trust all is well with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment