Monday, July 20, 2015

Quiet Moments...

I missed being out of the pulpit yesterday. Not so much the pulpit, but the group of people that have become my church family. They are dear to me. I hold them in my thoughts and prayers differently than I have held other congregations. As I prepare messages from God's Word, even that process has changed from days gone by.

It's the wee hours of the morning. I do what I can, when I can. To this point, there is little structure to my life apart from scheduled medical appointments of various kinds and medications. So I close my eyes and bring to mind the faces of the people I serve. I give thanks for them. I intercede, bringing whatever needs I know them to have to our Heavenly Father. Likewise, I retrieve from my memories a list of the many friends that have reached out to Sandy and me throughout the day in so many ways, and I give thanks.

There is a real sense of God's presence...

No comments:

Post a Comment