Sunday, March 22, 2015

First Sunday...

Today was my first Sunday as the Sr. Pastor at Hamilton Baptist Church. I felt an incredible freedom as I brought the message that connected the opening scripture verses from  Genesis 1, John 1, and Acts 1 (there is a beautiful connection). When I finished speaking I gave an invitation for all who listened to join Sandy and me at the altar and prayerfully commit our hearts to seeking God's heart. Many joined us.

I live with a confidence that as we at Hamilton Baptist Church live completely dependent on the truth that Christ promised, "I will build my Church," God will add to our number in the days ahead. I believe He will take us deeper into what it means to be Christ-followers, as well. However, I read recently about a pastor who once approached Charles Haddon Spurgeon--the great English preacher--and complained to him that the church he was currently leading was too small. Spurgeon asked the pastor how many people he spoke to on a Sunday. When the preacher told him, Spurgeon replied that perhaps it was enough people to give an accounting for when the preacher stands before God.

I couldn't agree more with C.H. Spurgeon...

  

1 comment: