Sunday, February 15, 2015

Other Things...

But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus--the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God. ~ Acts 20:24


The countdown begins…

On Friday, my comrades and I board a plane and fly direct to a watery gateway of the Amazon River. My gear is ready to be stowed in my backpack and daypack. Last week, I started my malaria medicine. This time I am taking my camera and praying that it survives the steamy jungle climate. For me, it's worth the risk; I want to be able to share this adventure with so many that prayerfully and financially support this mission. It's true: A picture paints a thousand words.

Number two pencils for journaling and sketching will be at the ready.

Plans for a mission trip are always fluid, meaning, nothing goes as planned. Lord willing, our team will be building a simple church structure. Also, we will be building rabbit hutches for a sustainable source of protein for our remote friends. However, the teams priority for me is to spend the bulk of my time with a young Peruvian named, Moses, in another village. It's his desire, and the villagers recognition, that Moses is to be trained to provide spiritual leadership for the families that live on one of the tributaries of the Amazon. We have been praying for the Spirit of God's wisdom in how to go about such a task.

Above is a quote of the apostle Paul. His God-breathed words have always stuck with me. I've tried doing the other things. Those things have never filled the void of the most important thing--finishing well...




No comments:

Post a Comment