Sunday, February 1, 2015

Thank You, FBPC!

First Baptist Church, Phenix City gave me a kind and generous send-off. Today was my last as their interim. I was truly surprised and absolutely elated when I received the first gift--a New England Patriots football jersey with none other than Tom Terrific's last name across the back! The second gift was equally surprising--a fistful of gift cards, so that I can buy a new suit! Lastly, I also received a third gift that I was sure would be on the pulpit when I got up to speak--a deflated football!

During the presentation, my good friend, Fred "Bubba" Copeland, flashed photoshopped pictures--none to flattering of me or my Patriots--that gave everyone in attendance a good laugh!

Thank you, FBPC!
Fred, watch your back!




Is this a happy face, Fred?

No comments:

Post a Comment