Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day...


Shredded Wheat was a popular cereal around our house when we were growing up. It used to come in a box that contained layers of large, rectangular, crumbly blocks of shredded wheat that were separated by white, rectangular card stock. Dad used that card stock to take sermon notes on at church. I vividly remember him holding a colored pencil that was red on one end and blue on the other. Dad had the thickest hands I have yet to see in my fifty-eight years--his wedding ring was a size twenty-one--and the pencil looked like a toothpick between his massive fingers!

A while ago, Sandy gave me a bundle of just such pencils. Today, in honor of my father, I brought my hand written notes to the pulpit. Major points underlined in red. Sub-points underscored in blue. When I extended an invitation at the end of the message, a young couple, Hannah and Hunter, came forward to profess their faith in Christ and to be baptized. It's been a great Father's Day…

Added this pic of the full moon reflecting off the pond just because it's beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment