Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Interpretations

Teaching and answering questions...


"How can this be?" they exclaimed. "These people are all from Galilee., and yet we hear them speaking in our own native languages! Here we are--Parthians, Medes, Elamites, people from Mesopotamia, Judea, Cappadocia, Pontus, the province of Asia, Phrygia, Pamphylia, Egypt, and the area of Libya around Cyrene, visitors from Rome (both Jews and converts to Judaism), Cretans, and Arabs. And we all hear these people speaking in our own languages about the wonderful things God has done!" ~ Acts 2:7-11

"After this I saw a vast crowd, too great to count, from every nation and tribe and people and language, standing in front of the throne and before the lamb…"  ~ Revelation 7:9

It's been my privilege to breach the language barrier and teach God's Word through an interpreter in Bulgaria, Venezuela, China, Greece, Mexico, and Canada. Never have I enjoyed it more than among the river people of Peru along the Amazon. Rick, Royce, and I each had interpreters/guides that traveled with us. Louis, Manuel, and Elias have been interpreting for "Gringos" for years. Each of them is a committed Believer. Manny (Manuel) was my interpreter; he was gregarious and exceptionally skilled at duplicating the inflection of my words. We made a great team!

On the Day of Pentecost, the Spirit of God served notice that the gospel would be unbound, unstoppable, powerful, and viral. It would be equally effective in bringing salvation among every nation and tribe and people and language. Looking into the dark eyed, dark haired, dark skinned people who surrounded me in a semi-circle as I taught, it came to mind that my fellow missionaries and I were witnessing the Kingdom of God advancing toward its promised culmination:"After this I saw a vast crowd, too great to count, from every nation and tribe and people and language, standing in front of the throne and before the lamb…" 

No comments:

Post a Comment