Friday, April 18, 2014

Let It Rain...

For most of this week I have been inside. Three days were spent in Raleigh, NC with my colleagues of Corporate Chaplains of America receiving training, encouragement, and inspiration to further advance Christ's Kingdom purposes. Upon returning, I have been doing rounds with the companies I serve and meeting with some of my clients. Being the outdoors person I am, I have been itching to take walks through the woods, listen to birds, cut grass, and feel the ever strengthening rays of the sun warming my face. Friday is usually my day to do so.

But today, we will be under rain here in Cataula, Georgia. For me, that is a blessing. I want to take extra time to read and prepare for easter Sunday, so the compelling to get outside will be easier to put aside. Also, tonight I will be gathering with a group of people--many of them I don't know--and will be speaking about the implications of one of Christ's seven sayings from the cross: "It is finished."

I am looking forward to the tranquility that living here at The Shire provides, so let it rain. Reading, writing, meditating, and reflecting on this Holy Week suits me just fine.

I long for a fresh Word from God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment