Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Reflecting and Restating

So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them... ~ Genesis 1:27

O LORD, what great works you do! And how deep are your thoughts. Only a simpleton would not know, and only a fool would not understand... ~ Psalm 92:5-6


God created us in His own image--it almost sounds egotistical, does it not? Yet, it is God's testimony of you and me. For those who know the rest of the story, we also understand that we needed to be re-created, or born again, because the image of God initially mirrored in us was lost due to sin.

Today, I have mused on the great works God has done for me, and in me. And not just me, but in the wide variety of people I have talked with this week. In particular, I have been looking back over the short-term, and I am able to see--to some extent--just how deep God's thoughts toward us have been. When I read the passage from Psalms, I smiled and thought, "We are not geniuses, but we are not simpletons either! We are sometimes foolish, but neither are we fools!"

Sometimes it's good to take note of how much God has done in us, rather than how much is left to be done. Like David, reflect on the new construction we see in ourself, and others. Then offer a simple prayer, O LORD, what great works you do! 


No comments:

Post a Comment