Saturday, May 11, 2013

Live A Life That Demands An Explanation

I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ's return. ~ Philippians 1:9-10

God's love could not be contained--even by the vast boundaries of heaven. A previously unknown Love spilled out from the unseen world and into the physical world--God became flesh. In Jesus, God became just like us. Lived among us. Died among us. Conquered sin and death among us. Through Scripture He clearly states the driving motive--For God so loved the world.

Christ is that love that takes up residence in us when we receive the love of Christ. His intention is that we become Christlike. His love is transformational--we become like our Redeemer. And for this love that abides in us, the love God in Christ Jesus, our heart is never intended to become a reservoir--a place to accumulate and store profound spiritual truths, blessings, or a sense of self worth. Instead, it is to fill us to overflowing with the same life-giving stream that continually breaches the edges of our soul and gushes out to touch everyone and everything. Our lives become transformational, too. To know this really mattered to Paul. To him it was a pressing matter that his friends at Philippi understand what really matters.

Since I have returned from China, God has made it very clear that I need to take some time to reevaluate what really matters to me. I have spent a lot of time quietly pondering Paul's words. I am not at all satisfied with my life evidencing a trickle of the presence of the love of God. Quite honestly? Living contentedly on the memories of past evidences of the overflow of Gods love from my life, or living on knowledge and understanding or experiences gained in days gone-by is a major trap.

There are people to whom I really matter, and those same people really matter to me. Some of those relationships are maintained face-to-face. Others, are maintained through cyberspace. But in each case, I know that we want to Live A Life That Demands An Explanation. 

So, In the days ahead, friends, you can return here and read about this particular stretch of my journey. Maybe something that God does in one man's life will be helpful, encouraging, and really matter to someone else...

Enjoying the Adventure,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment