Saturday, May 4, 2013

Life on the Farm

Two days ago I was in Guangzhou, China. Today, I am back in the United States of America, in Cataula, a little town just outside Columbus, GA. Before sunrise, Sandy and I climbed out of bed and drank coffee together and gave thanks over and over again for my safe return, and the blessedness of being reunited and enjoying the Adventure together.

We have a place to once again set down roots. Some very generous friends have provided us with a home for as long as we want; no charge. Several times they have told us, "Bill and Sandy, we hope you will be our neighbors for a long, long, time!" Our home is stunning. Before we moved in they completely remodeled it inside and out! I mean completely! Everything in it is new and of the highest quality: the furniture, the appliances, every lamp, the three bedrooms, the security system, the showers and vanities, and the spacious master bedroom and bath with a jacuzzi. Sandy and I both have studies, and in them we both have beautiful desks with hand-tooled leather tops, floor to ceiling bookcases, and over-stuffed chairs. Our new home sits on fifty acres and is surrounded by another fourteen hundred-plus acres of privately held land. At the present I am in my study that overlooks a two-to-three acre man-made lake/pond stocked with large mouth bass. There is also a guest house that is being completely remodeled, inside and out.

All of this was in play well before I went to China, but I believed that I should still go on to Asia. It would take a voluminous book to capture all the discussions that took place prior to my leaving and returning. But in the end I went, and there are no regrets. I have returned, and there are no regrets. That chapter is closed and a new one begins...

Enjoying the Adventure,

Bill


No comments:

Post a Comment