Sunday, January 15, 2012

Foreigners

This letter is from peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, I am writing to God’s chosen people who are living as foreigners pontus, Galatia, cappadocia, asia, and Bithynia.

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ

Screw-ups, like myself, are grateful that God chose to preserve many of the unflattering details of his Peter’s spiritual journey, yet kept him close, transformed him, and kept him on the frontline. The bodacious fisherman was presumptuous and impetuous, and his first response to nearly everything was to meet it head-on with misguided zeal and uncensored responses. God was constantly at work in Peter’s life turning up the heat so as to burn away the dross. The endgame? Peter would reflect Christ, not Simon.

I am writing to God’s chosen people who are living as foreigners. Says Peter.

As I write Sandy is my muse. How is that? God brought her to the apostle’s words in the early morning hours, and as she shared with me how He was meeting her there, my own thirst sent me to the same well.

Sandy and I have stayed on the forward edge of the Kingdom’s advance as trailblazers, but I can say that the day-to-day of living abroad has caused us to look more closely into Peter’s brief letter. This is different. At the present we belong to the unique fraternity to whom Peter’s speaks in his first letter; we are foreigners.

If Chinese internet technology will cooperate I will leave a few posts for anyone interested to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment