Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Realignment

Hail the heav'n-born Prince of Peace!
Hail the Son of Righteousness!
Light and life to all He brings
Ris'n with healing in His wings
Mild He lays His glory by
Born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth
Born to give them second birth
Hark! The herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!"

His Glory was that He laid aside His glory, and the glory of the church is when she lays aside her respectability and her dignity, and counts it to be her glory to gather together the outcasts. ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

I have been trying to reestablish the habit I had for nearly all my adult years . . . getting up very early so that I could have unhurried time to align my physical and spiritual worlds. It is a necessity for me, because if I don’t I tend to forget that in truest reality they are parallel universes, and must live my life in them.

A couple of days ago the two quotes captured my attention simultaneously. The first message came through the medium of music as the refrains of the familiar Christmas song filled the atmosphere around me. The second came through the medium of the written page as I held a book in my hands and read.

In that moment the song and the quote aligned the two worlds I speak of – my physical world and my spiritual world. It hit me profoundly.

I don’t think it is necessary for me to provide a lot more commentary . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment