Sunday, February 1, 2009

Another Cup of Coffee

Ah, waitress pour me another cup of coffee. Pop me down, jack me up, shoot me out, flyin' down the highway. Lookin' for the morning. Oooh, I'm travelin' my life away, lookin' for a sunny day for me . . .

~Eddie Rabbit (Travelin' My Life Away)

I have nothing in particular to say about the lyrics above, except that I found a CD with an eclectic collection of "Classic Hits," slid it into my computer and started listening to Eddie Rabbit's big hit from the 80's. I love words, phrases, and poetry. I love the brilliant creativity of wordsmiths. They can capture my imagination, unravel confusion, unlock my soul, or give me a rush and . . . Pop me down, jack me up, shoot me out, flyin' down the highway. Lookin' for the morning.

Sometimes I write just for the fun of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment