Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fragments

Think on these things. Philippians 4:8

I tend to live in the moment and write about life as it happens. In the last 48 hours I have received numerous and seemingly random contacts from people with whom I have shared the Adventure of life, and life with God.

Josh our middle child called, and we talked for a long while about really good stuff -- I am so proud of him. A couple who were in a church plant I did in Maine, nearly 25 years ago, went to the trouble of finding Sandy and me through Facebook -- Don and his wife Jana are in a pastorate in Lima, Montana. A good friend, and a partner in a dynamic men's ministry in Georgia called -- another great conversation. And I received a hand written letter from one of my young Jedi's who trekked China with me -- he is in med-school, brilliant, and praying about how and where he can invest his talents for Kingdom work.

All of a sudden melancholy comes riding in on waves of emotion that wash over me.

So what do we do with such thoughts and feelings? In front of the fragment of Philippians 4:8, the apostle Paul tells us what kinds of things we are to think on -- things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praise worthy.

From a lifetime that is behind me came forth fragments of just such things. I will think on them -- and I will be grateful.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for writing Pastor Shorey. So nice to hear your thoughts and musings.
    --Kate (Bergeron) Borgondy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bill....I haven't tuned in to your blog in a while, things are a constant whirlwind here in Livingston, MT (literally & figuratively!) But since the subject was random connections, I thought I'd respond.

    The church plant here continues to strive to make an impact on our small community. Step by step!

    Montana is wonderful and I thank God continually for allowing me to live here!

    Just another random connection!

    Sherry Anderson
    Cornerstone Community Fellowship
    Livingston, MT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sherry, thanks for dropping by. We have never stopped praying for all of you who minister in Montana -- one of the most beautiful places earth. Let the Meece family know that they remain in our thoughts and prayers.

    By the way, have I ever told you that I love the name of your church?

    Consider it said.

    ReplyDelete