Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You Know What I Am Doing

I no longer call you servants . . . I call you friends. ~ Jesus

The last 24 hours have been exceptional! Last night I got to spend some time with our Chinese friends via SKYPE -- the main group being in Columbus -- and Selena patched in from Liberty University, Virginia. Today, Sandy and I have been married for 31 years! We will celebrate tomorrow night by going to dinner in Boston, and then on to the Charles Theater to catch The Blue Man Group act.

For quite some time I have been thinking through friendships, and last Sunday I began a series of messages about what I am learning. Over the last year, a lot of thought has been given to the impact, intricacy, and mystery of being in relationships. Attempting to develop intimate relationships can be risky, can take a lot of time, can be messy, and can be rewarding. Sometimes the connection is beautiful. Other times nothing happens and our best efforts fail.

We need friends, and we need to be a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment