Sunday, September 7, 2008

Picking Up Where We Left Off

We are still technologically crippled until Monday. I truly miss posting. There is always something in the journey I want to pass along. Hopefully, I can get back in a groove soon.

Today I spoke for the first time as Sr. Pastor. The experience exceeded all expectations. There was an atmosphere of anticipation, and everyone seemed to track really well with the message. Reuniting with so many friends that Sandy and I raised children with, experienced highs and lows with, and chased the purposes of God with, brought an inexpressible joy. We also met for the first time scores of people with whom we will continue the adventure. We were received with open arms.

Tomorrow will be busy -- I will be meeting with many of the 34 staff members to begin reorganizing and integrating my life with the ebb and flow of the new community of faith God has placed me. Also, Sandy and I continue to use any available time to unpack, organize our home, and reengage in our New England setting. Yet, in many ways it seems like we never left, and that we are simply picking up a life that has been on pause for a while.

We miss Josh and Meagan, and we talk to them everyday. Many of our friends back in the southeast have called, e-mailed, or contacted us through FaceBook. As soon as we get online permanently it will be much easier to stay in regular communication. Hopefully, we will be able to go on SKYPE Tuesday night and continue our study with our Chinese friends.

Please pray that the technology demons will be exorcised, and pray that the many threads of our life will weave a mosaic of the grace of God.

2 comments:

  1. I have been praying for you two, and look forward to hearing that sermon, bro!
    Blessings from the Mitchells

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to eavesdrop on your Skype convo with the Chinese folks. Looking forward to hearing more about your new adventure. Hope ours intertwine soon.

    ReplyDelete