Monday, September 8, 2008

Full Day

It still doesn't seem possible that we are back in New England. The reception has exceeded all expectations. Folks have gone above and beyond the call of duty to give us a warm welcome. After an 8 year absence it is amazing how most of the adults we knew look that same, but those who were children when we left are nearly unrecognizable. We are reminded that time has not stood still.

By the time the work day was done, I got most of my books into my office and found a place for them on my shelves. Also, I got a lot of the necessary meetings scheduled for the next 6 months. When I got home this evening it was still bright, sunny, and almost devoid of humidity! Most of our unpacking is done, and the house is becoming a home.

We are planning to have a house full of people for Thanksgiving -- mostly family. My parents are really excited about coming to Massachusetts. It will be the first time many of us have been together for a long time. We continue to have people we haven't heard from in ages contact us -- another serendipitous gift from the hand of God.

The Sox are up 3-0!

No comments:

Post a Comment