Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Solid Soul (From 2006)

Invigorate my soul so I can praise you well, use your decrees to put iron in my soul. Psalm 119 [The Message]

Just like a baseball player can go into a batting slump, we, as believers, sometimes go into a soul slump. The Scripture quoted above reminds us of this truth. The Psalmist reveals that the condition of our souls is exposed by our praise.

Replace the word invigorate with its definition and read the verse again, "Fill my soul with life and energy, energize me. Heighten and intensify my praise of You.

There is plenty of evidence in God's Word that a part of praise is euphoria, and people express that euphoria in different ways. But it is important to remember that praise will always build spiritual strength. Praise, built on the Truth, puts iron in the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment