Thursday, November 15, 2007

Some Randomness

In order to finish his career in the Bronx Alex Rodriguez gave the Yankees a hometown discount and signed a ten year deal for a measly 275 million. Originally he was looking for 350 million. I have been awash in tears as I have mused over A-Rod's loyalty and generosity. No doubt some of you are thinking: How will he will feed his family?

Barry Bonds has just been indicted on 4 counts of perjury and 1 count of obstruction of justice. This summer Bonds broke Hank Aaron's long standing home run record, and is now the king of Clout. Barry's record and career have been under a thunder cloud of suspicion for some time due to accusations for using performance enhancing drugs -- steroids in particular.

There is a connection between Bonds and Rodriguez. Barry has the home run record, and Alex wants it. Arguably the greatest ball player of all time has his sights on setting yet another home run record by surpassing Bonds.

News of a lesser note: The last two times I hunted I was covered up in deer. One afternoon I had 13 feeding in front of me. Last Friday morning I shot a 9 point buck around 7:30. Before I lined him up in my scope, a 6 pointer and an 8 pointer passed within 15 yards of my stand.

2 comments:

  1. i didn't know you got a 9-point. tonight, you mentioned taking your deer to Daffins but i missed the story on the actual take down. congrats
    RBI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bill,

    First let me say how envious I am of your being a New Englander and having this baseball drama gene in your blood. I wish it was me!

    I'm working on developing this love for baseball and understanding of what is happening on the human level with these guys. Need more time to stew though.

    Also, I wanted to say how much I appreciate your recent blogs and how they have ministered to me personally.

    I really appreciate your willingness to open up your heart and be real.

    --brandi

    ReplyDelete