Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Planting And Construction

Tomorrow I leave for an advanced trip to Venezuela. It will be brief, 4 days. Keith, Chas and I will meet with some church planters and work out the details to bring an evangelism team to help them get started. We will also meet with the leaders of an established church to work out details for a construction team. In January I will be leading both teams back to Venezuela.

This will be my first trip to that part of the world, and I am excited to see what God has in store. Sometimes I feel like I am in the middle of a really good dream. I find it hard to fathom the opportunity God has given me to plant churches and train church leaders all over the world. Lord willing, I will be in Greece, Bolivia, and quite possibly Bulgaria and China in 2008.

Christ Community Church has not forgotten where we came from. We are a church plant and radically committed to planting more churches. Along with sowing the Word around the world, we are also committed to starting more churches in Columbus and Alabama. We are ready to move as soon as God gives the word. God is putting a burning desire in the hearts of many believers to step out of their comfort and put their faith to the test. We are praying for spiritual discernment as we seek to assemble a band of maturing believers to form the core group for a new start.

Only one life, it will soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment