Friday, September 14, 2007

Living In Eternity

We are all one body, we have the same Spirit, and we have all been called to the same glorious future. There is only one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and there is only one God and Father, who is over us all and in us all and living through us all Ephesians 4:4-5

Starting Monday I will be worshiping with, ministering to, and receiving ministry from, a people in the body of Christ who are new to me. For the first time in my life I will be a pastor in a Free Methodist church. I grew up in a Baptist church, have started Baptist churches, and have always led Baptist churches. This is a new adventure that I relish.

For the first time in over 25 years I will not be the lead pastor. Instead, I will be focused on developing missions and evangelism. Christ Community is a church plant that hasn't forgotten where it came from. Supporting and starting new churches in Columbus and around the world and advancing the kingdom, are in the DNA of lead pastor, Keith Cowart. With the grace, goodness, and wisdom that God alone can provide, I will be supporting my pastor's God-given vision and my new church family's desire to learn more of what it means to be salt -- light -- leaven.

As Christ's church we are one body, we have the same Spirit, and we will all spend eternity together because we have been called to the same glorious future! What a great privilege it is to begin living now like we will in live eternity!

2 comments:

  1. So...your first Sunday morning in a Free Methodist church that looks, feels, and sounds nothing like a typical Free Methodist church. Didn't weird you out or anything did we?

    Again...welcome.

    Bill Huffhine
    www.awaitingrain.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was like gulping a big breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete