Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Knock At Our Door

A loud knock on our front door woke-up our son, and inspired a barking frenzy in our dog. Sandy, still in her robe, wrestled the dog under control. Josh came out of his bedroom and answered the door. Outside stood two Columbus policemen.

"Are you Joshua Shorey?"

"Yes, I am."

"Do you drive a 91 Sentra?"

"I did until I sold it last summer."

"What did you do with the license plates?"

"I only had one. I turned it into DMV."

"Well, your plate is out there."

"How could my plate be out there?"

"Do you know either of the men who escaped from the Russell County Jail?"

"I don't know. What are their names?"

End of conversation. The policemen turned and left. Somehow, two escaped murderers had a license plate that used to belong to our son.

No comments:

Post a Comment