Monday, December 5, 2005

The Monday After Much Study!

Today I would like to set out on an endless road trip. Endless? I mean it would not end until I was ready for it to end. There would be no need to prioritize my dreams and destinations; I would not have to choose, “If I want to do this, I cannot do that.” Time constraint? None! Neither my pace nor my stay would be rushed. I would wring each experience for all it is worth. Sure, I have some places I want to go, but if, while on my unhurried way, an attraction caught my eye, I could alter my route and accommodate my curiosity. “I will get there when I get there.”

Do I sound like Solomon, “denying himself nothing . . . refusing his heart no pleasure . . . chasing after the wind.”? I don’t intend to; that kind of quest left Solomon concluding, “Meaningless! Meaningless . . . everything is meaningless!” Those are not the passions or pits that I am trying to describe.

The Solomon who most closely reflects my own state of mind said this, “. . . The Teacher . . . imparted knowledge to the people. He pondered and searched out and set in order many proverbs . . . searched to find just the right words . . . much study wearies the body.” It is Monday -- after much study -- time to get going, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment