Sunday, December 11, 2005

Narnia And Deep Magic

Tonight, Sandy and I went with some friends to see the The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I have read Lewis' Chronicles; the movie was faithful to the original story. I will recommend it to everyone.

Do you ever wish certain things didn't impact you so deeply? I don't know why, but everytime I see movies like the one I just watched, or The Lord of the Rings, I have a mixture of feelings that range all over the place: sadness, agitation, or even grief. Intense feelings arise; I have to suppress an urge to get up and leave. I want to retreat and mull over what I have seen or heard. Exactly what is going on inside is never clearly defined.

I am told some people go to movies or immerse themselves into books to check out of reality for a while. I look for good movies and good books, too. One thing I have figured out; I am not trying to check out. I am trying to check in; I know there is a life and place of Deep Magic.

1 comment:

  1. It's this passion for life and living that makes you who you are. I hope that mostly it feels like a blessing not a burden...I can relate...I cried for three days after seeing Schindler's List.

    ReplyDelete