Thursday, November 10, 2005

No Such Thing . . .

The temperatures have dropped 10-15 degrees and the deer hunting will reach its peak over the next ten days! In the morning, I will be getting out of bed bright and early; I am going back to Pine Mountain!

Long before the sun rises, I will be enjoying pitch black woods, the night sounds, and views of the endless universe above me. Most of the morning I will try to blend in with the scenery high above the ground. A couple of books, Powerbars, and a thermos of coffee will be my only company.

More than likely, I will get several chances to take a deer. Last year I went out in the pouring rain and still managed to get a deer at 1 o'clock in the afternoon -- the first time I had ever stalked one. For me, there is no such thing as a bad day hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment