Monday, November 7, 2005

Journal, October 30 -- Rio Bravo

I just awakened from my first night in Mexico. I slept fairly well until 2 a.m., and then off and on until 4:30. I was surprised to see how many men were up and about; we all followed our noses to the coffee pot. Hardly a word is spoken. Every man is seated at the crude tables reading his Bible, journaling, or seemingly deep in thought.

I have just finished reading Oswald Chambers. A particular phrase has captured my thoughts, "To turn head faith into personal possession is a fight always, not sometimes." O.C concludes, "Faith is the whole man rightly related to God by the power of the Spirit of Jesus Christ." Therein lies my struggle and every man I know, the whole man rightly related to Christ.

I will turn 50 in December . . . the battle has never ceased . . . parts of me are still adjusting to the Spirit of Christ in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment