Monday, November 7, 2005

Journal, November 1 -- Rio Bravo

Last night, Ray and Tonya took us into town. We ate at a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant. Ken C. told me the meat was goat -- I thought it tasted more like dog.

When we got back, Ray and Tonya gave us an in-depth presentation of the mission at Rio Bravo. During the last part of his presentation Ray mentioned that one of the teachers, Laura, was from Big Spring, Texas. The minute he said that, I realized why I had the nagging feeling that I knew Laura. Four years ago, when I was traveling with Henry Blackaby Ministries, I led a conference in Big Spring. One afternoon, I was invited to speak to a deaf school; Laura was my interpreter!

When Ray was finished speaking, I introduced myself to Laura, again. She lit up and said, "Yes, I remember you. I even remember what you spoke about -- Anger! One of the men from our church heard the conversation and said, "Pastor, that's impressive -- I can't remember what you said three days ago!"

No comments:

Post a Comment