Thursday, March 10, 2005

The Road Less Traveled

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference." Robert Frost

Jesus also said that there are two roads. One of the roads is wide and well traveled with passing and break down lanes. Everyone who chooses this road is eventually broken.

There is another road -- it is narrow and less traveled -- very few choose it. Here Frost and Jesus converge in agreement -- taking this road less traveled will make all the difference -- everyone who chooses it will find life!

Does this explain why such disdain for well traveled roads gathers strength in my soul? What do I do with this desire? Do I try to silence this rumor of a possible adventure that borders on a haunting? If I do, what will be the cost? Is the road taken by so many the right one -- are the masses walking with God?

My heart struggles with this tension -- I don't want to be a "thrill seeker" -- I also do not want to kill a desire that may be the finger of God pointing me to the road less traveled.

"Two roads diverge in a wood" -- I must take one or the other. What do I do? I offer up a prayer, "Lord, bless me with discernment and courage to take the right road -- even if it is 'The Road Less Traveled.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment