Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Blessed Eyes

The Roadmakers are back home! Since leaving Columbus, Georgia we flew over twenty-one thousand miles, navigated through 3 different countries, and delivered the gospel in over 200 villages. To say it was an adventure would be an understatement -- describing what took place in the hearts of eight men would be impossible!

But I have been trying!

This morning Sandy and I talked for a couple of hours. Our conversation revealed how God worked similarly in both of our lives, though we were out of contact and separated by over 10,000 miles. Later on I went over to my office and met with some of my staff. They have prayed faithfully for me and received me with kindness and enthusiasm. They wanted to hear about the mission. I excitedly blurted out highlights of the trip -- speaking at a rate of about 4000 words per minute with gusts up to 10000!

This afternoon I sat in my backyard under a warm Georgia sun, feeling a little punchy from the 13 hour jet lag and continuing the process of unpacking my soul. I have just gone through an experience with God where I saw and heard things -- things not easily explained or communicated. I went back to Luke 10 (a passage I have spent a lot of time in recently) and read these words --

"Blessed are the eyes that see what you see. For I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see but did not see it, and hear what you hear but did not hear it." Luke 10:23-24

I know my eyes have been blessed with a special privilege. I know the ears of my soul have heard from God in distinct way. I have been blessed! I want to share it. Over the next few days I will try to express it to you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment