Wednesday, March 16, 2005

A Long Walk

"I must walk today, and tomorrow, and the day following...Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord." Luke 13:33, 35

This will be my last blog for a while. I am going on a long, long walk. I must fly thousands of miles first, but then I start walking.

Along with my fellow Roadmakers we will bring the gospel to nearly 200 villages and walk at least 75 miles. Every step of the way at least 100 people will be covering us in intercessory prayer. Every step of the way -- where we are -- the kingdom of God will be at least temporarily established. The Roadmakers may be the only "salt" and "light" among indescribable decay and darkness. To quote the old western show, The Guns of Will Sonnet, "No brag just fact."

Last night the blogger website was down. I kept trying to get on until just before 3:00 a.m. Finally, I read from Psalm 18, wrote in my leather bound journal, and then hit the sack. God gave me some peculiar readings that continued to come back to me -- even as I slept.

"As for God, his way is perfect...it is he that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. Psalm 18:30, 32

I must remember that -- His way -- makes my way perfect! What an Adventure awaits us!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot tell you how excited I am to hear about this journey! My family and I will be praying and we will all be on the sidelines of God's miraculous show staring His Roadmakers. It is so exciting to be apart of His plan. So as you walk and you get weary, know that we are praying for you, for this is His plan for us as you go. What an honor. Godspeed and God Bless...
    ~Marion Lambertus

    ReplyDelete