Thursday, February 24, 2005

Where He stood -- I will stand

"Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!" Acts 7:56

I love to travel back in time by standing at the actual places of epic events. Maybe you are like me -- it pains me that I missed the actual drama!

I have been on the battlefields of Gettysburg and inside the replicated walls of Andersonville. At "The Little White House" in Warm Springs, Georgia I walked the same floors that FDR rolled across in his wheel chair as the world was at war. I saw the room where he died. I have gripped the pulpits where D. L. Moody, Joseph Parker, John Wesley, and Billy Sunday preached. My greatest thrill was to tread up-down and all around Mars Hill in Athens, Greece where the apostle Paul addressed the Areopagus.

Look again at the scripture quote above. What is happening? For Steven, the veil that obscured a literal place -- heaven -- is parted for him and he sees Jesus standing at the right hand of the throne of God. In just moments, he would die a martyr and stand there too.

Do you realize that heaven is a real place -- where Jesus stands? One day you can stand there too. Heaven is a journey ahead -- not a journey backward. Here on earth we look back at events that were so big it seems impossible they really happened, but they did. Looking ahead--heaven appears so big we might ask, "Will it really happen?"


It will! Where He stood -- we will stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment